Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist
(if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)
- Teen books with QUILTBAG issues – not just M/M romance, but asexuals, pansexuals, transsexuals, the whole lot of non-mainstream sexuality.
- Teen bisexual love stories with a protag of either gender.
- Strong teen girls on an adventure with no romance
- 1800s/ early 1900s era paranormal
- Science fantasy (like Star Wars)
- A Harry Potter prequel – the early Voldemort reign, the Order of the Phoenix, Lily and James, culminating with Harry defeating Voldemort as a baby.
- More fantasy books that deal with teenage girls and poison: making, using, assassin-ing.
- I would legitimately like to read more teen novels with female protags that do not have romance in them. I am so sick of ‘team whoever’. Surely girls have more stories than just which boy they fall in love with!
- I would love more fairytales told from the point of view of the antagonist ie Wicked.
- More females in female-lead adventure books like urban fantasy. So often we see only one woman on a team of men, a ‘token’ female, but more like a man with boobs. I want more variety of women characters, especially in fiction primarily aimed at women.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join 1,757 other subscribers