Top Ten Popular Authors I’ve Never Read
1. Jamie McGuire: this is more personal than anything else. I won’t read McGuire’s books because she’s known to go after unfavourable reviews. Not risking it.
2. Random Riggs: Simply uninterested in anything he’s written so far.
3. Cassandra Clare: this is personal, too, after Clare tried to get a rival (or maybe someone she just didn’t like) kicked out of her university back in her fan-fic writing days. And also the fact that she copy and pasted her fan fiction into her published. And the fact that she plagiarised when she wrote fanfiction.
4. Holly Black: Nothing she has written has compelled me to reach for or open any of her books.
5. Markus Zusak: So not interested.
6. Kami Garcia: Especially after the film version of Beautiful Creatures bombed, so not interested.
7. Libba Bray: I actually am desperate to read Libba Bray. I think her Gemma Doyle books sound fascinating and I’m keen to hear the audiobook version of The Diviners.
8. Kiera Cass: So not interested in a pseudo-dystopian based on The Bachelor. Nope. The TV show version would have been so much better.
9. Marie Lu: I might be interested in the Legend books in the future, but as yet, zero interest.
10. Jennifer L Armentrout: I am interested in reading the Lux trilogy if only to see what all the hype is about. I’m interested in a couple of her stand-alones as well. The woman’s a machine. She just produces books out the wazoo.