by Rebekah L Purdy
Release Date: 04/08/14
YA CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
THE ROMEO CLUB is Hitch meets The Secret of My Success.
What happens when you agree to help your brother “de-nerdify” so he can catch the attention of the popular Chloe Anders, and to everyone’s surprise, he actually lands her?
And what if his equally geeky friends come running with girl wish lists of their own, offering money for your services?
Well, if you’re sixteen-year-old, Delyla Denson, then you start The Romeo Club. A secret club where she’ll teach these guys how talk, act, and be cool around girls. It’s a win-win situation.
She’ll get enough money for the awesome prom dress she’s had her eye on, and the guys, well, they’ll get dates and maybe learn how to do something other than beat the next level on their video games.
There are only two problems with this plan. One, her quarterback/track star boyfriend is getting jealous of how much time she’s spending away from him and decides to try and figure out what’s going on. And two, Delyla is kind of falling for her brother’s BFF, Trey who she’s been hanging out with a lot more. And who thanks to her help, has caught the attention of the beautiful, perfect, and popular, Portia Rickard. With Portia and Trey heating up, Delyla realizes that maybe the person she’s meant to be with has been in front of her all this time.
But falling for Trey means she’ll have to take drastic measures including sabotage, with a capital S.
A Few Nerdy/Fun Things You Might Not Know About Me:
So I thought it might be fun to share a few facts about me that some people might know.
1) I’m a girl gamer. Yep, that’s right, I LOVE video games. Some of my favorites are Dragon Age (1 & 2—totally geeked for 3 to come out this fall on XBOX 360), Fable III, Champions of Norrath (for PS2), and Baldur’s Gate (also PS2), I really like Beyond Two Souls (for PS3), and I play Minecraft with my kids (who got me addicted to it).
2) My all-time favorite movies are Star Wars IV, V, VI. All the Lord of the Rings movies (including the Hobbit), The Goonies, Labyrinth, A walk to Remember, The Hunger Games, and Pitch Perfect.
3) My first crush was Luke Skywalker from Star Wars (Don’t judge me, I was young. And besides, the dude carried a lightsaber).
4) I collect Star Wars stuff—like mugs, stuffed toys, candy dishes, stickers, the Millennium Falcon toy, Star Wars action figures, pics, and books.
5) My husband and I once turned our house into a “boys vs girls” warzone—complete with makeshift forts, overturned furniture, and Nerf Guns (we also used to play capture the flag in the dark when we had all 6 kids at home—SO FUN). And can’t forget “Forced Family Fun Night” where we stay up until all hours of the night playing board games!
6) I used to write for my school newspaper and was assigned to co-write the advice column!
And now, I’ll leave you with some words of wisdom (and an awesome Star Wars pic of me and the hubby—LOL): ALWAYS LET YOUR NERD SHOW! And in the wise words of Yoda (who is awesome): “No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.”
Book Blitz Organized by: