I went through a major reading slump this month. Nothing interested me. I lost the book I was supposed to be reading for review when I cleaned my house, and then I kind of went ‘fuck it’ and didn’t want to read anything at all. I spent more time on other hobbies – rewatching Charmed on Netflix, getting back into puzzles and gaming and knitting. I think I’m trying to find more balance in my life and not have it be half about books and half about work. I want to do things other than read. So I went out and bough $300 worth of art supplies. I used to be quite the glass and watercolour painter, and I want to get back into it.
It was also my birthday this month, so despite not being in a particularly bookish mood I forced myself to buy some books.
Monthly Wrap Up
So… this month was a sucky month for reading and reviewing.
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [2 Aug] Buy Borrow Burn (4)
- [4 Aug] Top Ten Fairytale Retellings I Love (101)
- [6 Aug] Zodiac Book Cover Game
- [8 Aug] Nemo’s Brother Watches Harry Potter For The First Time
- [10 Aug] Toppling the TBR Pile (6)
- [12 Aug] Waiting on Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius (127)
- [13 Aug] #SHATTERINGSTIGMAS: A Mental Health in YA Event
- [14 Aug] Zodiac Book Cover Game Answers
- [16 Aug] Buy Borrow Burn (5)
- [18 Aug] Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors
- [20 Aug] My Guilty Pleasure TV Shows Taught Me About Diversity
- [22 Aug] Stacking the Shelves (121)
- [26 Aug] Write Reviews How You Want To
- [28 Aug] Cover Reveal: Cursed by Christina Bauer
- [30 Aug] Buy Borrow Burn (6)
- [31 Aug] August Wrap Up
Films/TV I Watched
- Batman and the Mask of the Phantasm
- Meet the Spartans
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Parks and Recreation
- Charmed (rewatch on Netflix despite owning the Book of Shadows DVD collection)
- Mad Max 4: Road Fury
- The Almighty Johnsons
- Bizarre Foods
- Train Wreck (saw a bit more of John Cena than I ever thought I would!)
It was my birthday this month! I’m one step closer to the big 3-0, so I didn’t do anything to celebrate this year. One of my closest friends is a year younger than me and her birthday is two days after mine, and she always has a dress-up party, so I went along as Velma Kelly from Chicago.