I went through a major reading slump this month. Nothing interested me. I lost the book I was supposed to be reading for review when I cleaned my house, and then I kind of went ‘fuck it’ and didn’t want to read anything at all. I spent more time on other hobbies – rewatching Charmed on Netflix, getting back into puzzles and gaming and knitting. I think I’m trying to find more balance in my life and not have it be half about books and half about work. I want to do things other than read. So I went out and bough $300 worth of art supplies. I used to be quite the glass and watercolour painter, and I want to get back into it.
It was also my birthday this month, so despite not being in a particularly bookish mood I forced myself to buy some books.
Monthly Wrap Up
So… this month was a sucky month for reading and reviewing.
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [2 Aug] Buy Borrow Burn (4)
- [4 Aug] Top Ten Fairytale Retellings I Love (101)
- [6 Aug] Zodiac Book Cover Game
- [8 Aug] Nemo’s Brother Watches Harry Potter For The First Time
- [10 Aug] Toppling the TBR Pile (6)
- [12 Aug] Waiting on Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius (127)
- [13 Aug] #SHATTERINGSTIGMAS: A Mental Health in YA Event
- [14 Aug] Zodiac Book Cover Game Answers
- [16 Aug] Buy Borrow Burn (5)
- [18 Aug] Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors
- [20 Aug] My Guilty Pleasure TV Shows Taught Me About Diversity
- [22 Aug] Stacking the Shelves (121)
- [26 Aug] Write Reviews How You Want To
- [28 Aug] Cover Reveal: Cursed by Christina Bauer
- [30 Aug] Buy Borrow Burn (6)
- [31 Aug] August Wrap Up
Films/TV I Watched
- Batman and the Mask of the Phantasm
- Meet the Spartans
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Parks and Recreation
- Charmed (rewatch on Netflix despite owning the Book of Shadows DVD collection)
- Mad Max 4: Road Fury
- The Almighty Johnsons
- Bizarre Foods
- Train Wreck (saw a bit more of John Cena than I ever thought I would!)
It was my birthday this month! I’m one step closer to the big 3-0, so I didn’t do anything to celebrate this year. One of my closest friends is a year younger than me and her birthday is two days after mine, and she always has a dress-up party, so I went along as Velma Kelly from Chicago.
6 thoughts on “August Wrap Up”
first off – HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!?????????????????????
second off – I love Charmed but hate it on netflix because they changed ALL the music and the music is part of what made the show great – just dont get the same feels with the crappy replacement music (which may not actually be all that crappy if you didnt know the original music) – I own the entire series on dvd and binge watch it periodically
and lastly just wait til you are nearing 50 – ouch lol
First of all THANK YOU.
Second of all – yeah it’s weird hearing all the music changed. I took a while to get used to the new opening credits song (although they did use it on the DVD release of the final season as the license to How Soon Is Now expired before the DVD release) but then my husband bought a new sound system and the bass sounds AMAZING so I don’t mind it so much anymore when it goes DUNNNNN DUNNNN DUNNN DUNNN with that screaming guitar.
But I do miss How Soon is Now, it just fit so well.
and Sarah Polley singing Courage in that one episode with Phoebe crying on her bed with Paige and Piper comforting her – that made the scene
I’m not up to that part in me re-watch yet, so I’ll take special note of it when it happens!
Balance is a good thing, I’m currently binge watching the new season of Once Upon a Time 🙂
Thank you! And I think I’ll get back into OUAT once my current rewatches are done.
Comments are closed.