Hubs and I came down with the stomach flu, or norovirus, for over a week, and in that time I felt too poorly to do anything except lie in bed and watch Netflix and Stan. Other than that, it was just the daily grind of work, rest, and recreation. Quite an average month. I didn’t even buy any books! It must be a first for me.
Monthly Wrap Up
I mostly read kind of average books this month – enjoyable, but missing that certain je ne sais quoi.
- [5 Oct] The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness ★★★
- [17 Oct] The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot ★★★
- [19 Oct] Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch ★★★
- [23 Oct] A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston ★★
- [29 Oct] Incurable by John Marsden ★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [1 Oct] 5 Bookish Group Blogs You Should Know About
- [3 Oct] Stacking the Shelves (124)
- [7 Oct] Waiting on Winter by Marissa Meyer (130)
- [9 Oct] Cover Reveal: Pirate Princess by Catherine Banks
- [11 Oct] Buy Borrow Burn (9)
- [13 Oct] Page to Screen: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Trailer
- [15 Oct] 5 Reader Stereotypes I Break
- [21 Oct] Waiting on Soundless by Richelle Mead (131)
- [25 Oct] Buy Borrow Burn (10)
- [27 Oct] Ten Books To Read Inspired By Nightwish’s Imaginaerum
- [31 Oct] October Wrap Up
Films/TV I Watched
I did watch a lot of films this month, again because I was sick. I do recommend that everyone watch Inside Out – I found it quite confronting, but it does show a really good representation of what it is like to suffer from depression.
- Princess Protection Program
- Happily Never After
- Wreck-it Ralph
- Mr Peabody and Sherman
- Inside Out
- Just Friends
- Walking Tall
- Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai
- The Nanny
- Pokemon Black and White
- iZombie – my husband was really keen to binge watch this on his days off work, so I only ended up watching the first few episodes.
- Scream the TV show – I managed the first two episodes.
I’m immensely proud of my Top Ten Tuesday Halloween post. Check it out!