…even though I said I was open to reviews.
- Yes, I’m theoretically open to review requests, but like with the books I actively request, I have to WANT to read it.
- I might actually have a bit of a backlog with other books I’m reading and just don’t have time to squeeze yours in right now.
- I spotted editing problems in your blurb or preview. The first time this happened, I told the author I would read his book if he got it professionally edited, and I did, and I enjoyed it, and he’s now a very successful self-published author. But I won’t do this anymore because if you’ve released a book I can’t read, I’m not wasting my time making allowances.
- You’re self-published and I don’t accept requests self-publishers anymore (unless we have previously worked together).
- Yes, I require you to jump through hoops. Why? Because I am going to dedicate a week or more of my life to reading your book in what little spare time I have, and I want to make sure you know ALL of my demands beforehand.