Top Ten Things On Our Reading Wishlist
Things you want to see more of in books – tropes, a time period, a specific type of character, an issue tackles, a certain plot. All those things that make you think I WANT MORE OF THIS IN BOOKS!
- I want to see an asexual lead character
- I want to see more girl leads who have strong female friends like Safi and Isuelt or Lissa and Rose.
- I want to see a fearless female necromancer who is a good guy.
- I want to see more beloved and incidental pets like Dagny the cat in Long May She Reign.
- I want to see a sci-fi based on a planet with rings and that’s why they live in big dome bubble thingies because the rings drop flaming toxic debris or whatever.
- I want to see more kickass girls who are still girls and like to wear pretty dresses AND I WANT READERS TO BE OK WITH THIS.
- I want a girl who doesn’t hesitate to get violent or expect any male character to fight for her, I want to see a girl punch guys in the face with all her strength like Tris from Divergent.
- I want more princess books. Because you can never have too many princess books.
- I want a team of girl superheroes, like a harem of girls who kickass, like Charlie’s Angels or something, all bound to one guy for whatever reason. But they literally kick ass. Like teen assassins or warriors or something. I dunno, it sounds cool.
- I want a boy and a girl to be put in a situation where they get to know each other/forced to spend time together AND DO NOT FALL IN LOVE AND THAT’S OK.