Top Ten YA Books With Characters Who Have A Mental Illness
Seeing as how I’ve just finished reading Before She Ignites, which stars a main character with a mental illness, I thought I’d write a Top Ten Tuesday post about YA books with main characters with mental illnesses. This list is not written in any particular order.
- Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows: Anxiety and panic attacks
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (male pov)
- Zelah Green by Vanessa Curtis: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (female pov)
- The Hunger Games #2: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage: Delusions and suicidal
- Underwater by Marisa Reichardt: Agoraphobia
- The Things I Didn’t Say by Kylie Fornasier: Selective Mutism.
- Confession of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett: Anger management
- Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard: Self harm
- Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead: Bi-polar disorder