Top Ten Book Boyfriends
What a topic! Why hasn’t this one been covered before? LOL. I’ve always said I don’t really ‘do’ book boyfriends since none of them are ever as awesome as the real life man I married, but there sure have been a handful of male fictional characters that I really cared about and that left enough of an impact on me to consider them ‘book boyfriends’. Also, most of them I start out disliking or even hating, but the author does a fantastic job of bringing me around!
(I feel the need to mention that I used ‘boyfriend’ in the title because I’m heterosexual, but this doesn’t mean that I don’t approve of book girlfriends. Boys, girls, whatever floats your boat, I’m cool with that.)
I’m dividing this into 3 sections in case anyone’s interested in reading these books and haven’t yet.
This first section is for stand-alone books. Technically Fire is part of a series but it can be read as a stand alone.
1. Brigan from Fire by Kristin Cashore
2. Michael from Adorkable by Sarra Manning
3. Cameron from Soulprint by Megan Miranda
This section is for books where I have read the first book in the series but not the rest of the series (although I do plan and I already own the books, I’m just having a really bad reading year), so although I like the boy in the first book, I can’t guarantee I’ll keep liking him in the rest of the series.
4. Liam from The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
5. Prince Casimir from Ruined by Amy Tintera
6. Duval from Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
This section is for books whose series I have completely read and continued to adore the male character in them, and I do recommend them not only as great book boyfriends but great reads as well.
7. Tucker from The Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand
8. Sam from The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
9. Valek from the Study series by Maria V Snyder
10. Kerrick from the Healer series by Maria V Snyder
Have you read any of these books? Who do you think makes a great book boyfriend/girlfriend? Let me know in the comments below!