Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
It’s all about bookish lists!
Share your lists and remember to stop by The Broke and the Bookish to see where it all began.
Top Ten Yummy Foods Mentioned In Books
- Butterbeer from Harry Potter (and pretty much everything else they eat as well). I’ve had homemade butterbeer, but it wasn’t as good as I thought it would be. I imagine the Harry Potter stuff is just incredible.
- That amazing-sounding lamb stew with dried plums from The Hunger Games, like OMG YUM! Especially if you’ve only eaten really poorly until that point.
- All the candy in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but maybe the one I want to try most is the lickable wallpaper.
- The feast Other Mother makes Coraline in Neil Gaiman’s Coraline, especially since she’s only been eating really poor food in the real world.
- Lemon cakes from A Song of Ice and Fire (Sansa loves them).
- The Turkish Delight from The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Good enough to betray Aslan for.
- Elvish Lembas bread from Lord of the Rings. One bite can ‘fill the stomach of a grown man’. I bet it tastes delicious though, because poor Pip and Merry ate all of theirs at once.
- Frobscottle, the pale green magical upside-down bubbly drink from Roald Dahl’s The BFG that makes you fart (or ‘whizpop’) so bad you can fly! Apparently it’s delicious! I don’t know if the ‘whizpops’ smell bad though, although the BFG seems to think burping is quite rude but whizpopping is a sign of happiness, so I don’t think they do.
- All the delicious sounding food in the Land of Goodies from The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton. I remember reading that as a small child and thinking it sounded so luxurious, including Dick (or ‘Rick’ as he was renamed in modern versions) eating the door knocker off a resident’s house..
(this clip is 8 minutes and leads the gang to the land of Toys, not Goodies as they were expecting).
- I just finished reading Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows and it stars a girl with OCD so she mentioned pretty much everything she eats, and some of the life of luxury stuff sounded so good, especially in comparison to the prison food and starvation. Sorry, no clip for this one as the book as only published this year.