Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
and hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s all about bookish lists!
Share your lists and remember to stop by That Artsy Reader Girl to add your link
and The Broke and the Bookish to see where it all began.
Top Ten Books I Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To
I started 2017 with the usual plan to read between 50-65 books, which is my usual amount. I did it every year since 2012, so I figured it wouldn’t be that hard. Working full time and still having time for other hobbies meant I was never going to be able to do the 200 books a year some of my friends do.
But then my husband was hospitalised for 2 months and came out permanently disabled, I lost my job and had to dedicate every waking moment to finding a new one, and reading became more of an incidental thing.
I read 12 books in 2017, but I totally planned to read more. Here are the ones I missed:
- Windwitch (The Witchlands #2) by Susan Dennard
- The Waking Land by Callie Bates
- Roar by Cora Carmack
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Breath of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #2) by Amanda Bouchet
- Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes #3) by Sara Raasch
- Garden of Thorns by Amber Mitchell
- Poison’s Kiss by Breeana Shields
- The Hundredth Queen by Emily R King
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner