Today’s Top Ten Tuesday was supposed to be Top Ten Bookish Resolutions.
I decided not to do it as I have not made any resolutions this year.
When I make resolutions I tend to fail them.
It’s no fun seeing a list of things you wanted to achieve and then failed at, especially when you place so much pressure on yourself.
I do have some things I’d like to do more of, but the ‘more of’ is arbitrary, and that’s in an effort to not make blogging more stressful.
- I want to read more than I did in 2017, which was a very bad year for me, both in reading and personally. I read 12 books in 2017, and this year I want to read more. Subsequently I want to review more books, too.
- I want to read my illustrated Harry Potter books, because I have wanted to re-read Harry Potter for a while.
- I’d like to read less review books in an attempt to read more of my non-review books.
- I’d like to buy the bookshelves I need to start my in-home library in our guest room.
- On the blogging side, I want to make my blog more social, but I’m not quite sure how to do that without being more active on social media, which I don’t really have the time for or, quite frankly, want to.
- I also want to start reading other blogs again. 2017 was a bad year and I didn’t really have the time, effort, or will to visit the other blogs I usually did. This year I want to get back into more of a regular routine.
These aren’t resolutions, because like most people I find resolutions difficult to fulfill. These are simply some ideas about what I’d like to do book-and-blogging-wise this year.
How do you feel about resolutions? Let me know in the comments below!