Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
and hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s all about bookish lists!
Share your lists and remember to stop by That Artsy Reader Girl to add your link
and The Broke and the Bookish to see where it all began.
Top Ten Platonic Relationships In Books
I know that on Tumblr everyone is into slash fiction and I totally get that bi erasure and homophobia are (still) a thing and that different sexualities need their own reps, but I have always been a fan of pure, lovely platonic relationships. Here are a few of my favourites where the friendships strengthen, support and lift each other up:
- Rose and Lissa from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Sydney and Eddie from Bloodlines by RIchelle Mead
- Elphaba and Glinda from Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- Legolas and Gimli from Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
- Bella and Alice from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- Harry and Hermione from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
- Ari and Janko from the Study series by Maria Snyder
- Lirael and the Disreputable Dog from the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix
- Safi and Isuelt in Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Jules and Arsino from the Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake