So something exciting happened this month! The matching bookcases we ordered months ago finally arrived! My husband, in his infinite wisdom, asked a friend to help him build them, because (I am not kidding) if we had to build several sets of bookcases together I think we would end up divorced! Not even joking! Divorce is not a joking matter, but my husband has this ‘near enough is good enough’ attitude and I like to do things properly, so the shortcuts he likes to take literally drive me CRAZY! We hardly ever fight but building furniture together is something we have learned not to do!
I’ll take photos and put them up in a separate blog post at some point. At the moment, I’m just so super happy to have half of my books out of storage. The other half are still in storage crates – I just don’t have enough room to house all of our books together! Also, I tried to cull them, and I got rid of a grand total of one dozen! Including old textbooks I haven’t looked at in over a decade.
Also, one of my kitties got a cold and was sneezing a lot, so we took her to vet to get her some medicine. We have 3 cats and her cold is contagious, and she snuggles a lot with my tomcat so… he caught the cold, too! SO that’s two trips to the vet in one week for some antibiotics, and the associated costs just before Christmas! Thanks, kitties, good thing I love ya both so much!
Monthly Wrap Up
- [2 Nov] Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress #1) by Julie C. Dao ★★
- [5 Nov] Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan ★★★
- [9 Nov] Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3) by Kendare Blake ★★★★
- [16 Nov] The Enchanted Sonata by Heather Dixon Wallwork ★★★★★
- [19 Nov] The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks ★
- [23 Nov] Give the Dark My Love by Beth Revis ★★★★
- [30 Nov] The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco ★★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [1 Nov] Reader Confessions: I was wrong… for YEARS
- [3 Nov] Stacking the Shelves (182)
- [7 Nov] Waiting on Courting Darkness
- [8 Nov] How Will The Changing Ways We Read Books Affect the Next Generation?
- [10 Nov] Stacking the Shelves (183)
- [12 Nov] Culling the TBR Pile 15
- [14 Nov] Waiting on Fierce Fragile Hearts
- [15 Nov] Why I Don’t Read ‘Boy Books’
- [21 Nov] Waiting on An Affair of Poisons
- [24 Nov] Stacking the Shelves (184)
- [26 Nov] Culling the TBR Pile 16
- [27 Nov] Top Ten Platonic Relationships In Books
- [28 Nov] Waiting on Four Dead Queens