So I accidentally took a little hiatus at the end of December, but who can blame me? I’ve been so crazy busy with work and my private life, including three sick kitties just before Christmas, that once I went on holidays from my day job I didn’t even turn my computer on! Blogging just kind of ceased, but that’s OK, because I needed the break!
My blogging has been ON POINT this year, with multiple posts per week, a book review almost every week, loads of discussion posts and weekly prompts, tour posts, and book tags! I’ve been working so hard on my blogging in 2018 after having a disastrous reading year in 2017, and I’m pleased with the result.
I hope all my dear readers/kittens had a wonderful holiday period in 2018 and can start the New Year in 2019 refreshed and ready for more book content!
Monthly Wrap Up
- [7 Dec] The Great Hunt (Eurona Duology, #1) by Wendy Higgins ★★
- [14 Dec] Navigating the Stars by Maria V. Snyder ★★★★
- [21 Dec] The Diviners by Libba Bray ★★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [1 Dec] November Wrap Up
- [3 Dec] My new bookshelves!
- [5 Dec] Waiting on Warrior of the Wild
- [11 Dec] Top Ten Books Series I Intend to Finish
- [12 Dec] Waiting on The Last of Her Name
- [15 Dec] Stacking the Shelves (185)
- [18 Dec] Top Ten ‘Winter’ 2018 TBR Books
- [19 Dec] Waiting on The Priory of the Orange Tree
- [22 Dec] Stacking the Shelves (186)
- [31 Dec] December Wrap Up
In 2018 I read 50 books and reviewed 45.
Here are some stats:
- 23 were books I borrowed.
- 23 were ARCs (some I may have borrowed in another form from the library)
- 5 I had purchased myself.
- 17 were audiobooks.
- 26 were ebooks
- 9 were physical copies
- (These numbers don’t add up to 50 because sometimes I switch formats partway through reading)
Sources of Advanced Reader Copy books
- 9 ARCs from Edelweiss
- 8 ARCs from Netgalley
- 5 ARCs directly from the publisher, and
- 1 ARC directly from the author
- 16 x 5 star books
- 19 x 4 star books
- 8 x 3 star books
- 4 x 2 star books
- 2 x 1 star books
I’m really happy with my reading year this year. It’s a huge improvement on last year and shows how much more settled and in a routine I was compare to this time last year. My blogging had been consistent and I’ve really enjoyed keeping it up to date.
What was your reading year like? What do you have planned for 2019?