I starter my new job in June and I LOVE IT. It’s hard work, but so satisfying. I’m learning so much, and I really feel like I’m making a difference to the world.
It’s been raining A LOT now that it’s deep into winter, so I’ve been trying to read more, but it’s so much easier to come home and binge watch TV wrapped up in a heater throw rug with three uber snuggly cats. I may be going through a reading slump. I’ve had to change both my hair routine AND my makeup routine (I wear makeup every day because I love makeup, in case anyone’s looking for justification) to combat this dry cold with rain (yes you can have dry air and rain, just like you can have combination dry/oily skin or multiple curl patterns/porosity).
My husband and I both got really sick this month, and had to take time off work to recover. It’s so NOT FUN being sick. People joke about taking sick days to read, but having legit sick days doesn’t mean I can just spend the time reading. My head is foggy, I’m exhausted, and I can’t concentrate on the story enough to enjoy it. Also, being sick is expensive! I don’t even mean in America, I mean in Australia. You need a job just to be able to afford all the medicine to keep you functioning.
Monthly Wrap Up
- [7 Jun] The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven ★★★
- [14 Jun] The Eyes of Tamburah by Maria V. Snyder ★★★★
- [21 Jun] Steadfast by Claudia Gray ★★★
- [28 Jun] Sorceress by Claudia Gray ★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [1 Jun] May Wrap Up
- [4 Jun] Top Ten Books from my Favourite Genre
- [5 Jun] Waiting on Shadow and Flame
- [8 Jun] Stacking the Shelves (200)
- [11 Jun] Top Ten Unpopular Bookish Opinions
- [12 Jun] Waiting on Wicked Fox
- [18 Jun] Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2019
- [19 Jun] Waiting on Vow of Theives
- [22 Jun] Stacking the Shelves (201)
- [24 Jun] Culling the TBR Pile 22
- [26 Jun] Waiting on House of Salt and Sorrows
- [29 Jun] Stacking the Shelves (202)
- [30 Jun] June Wrap Up