Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
and hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s all about bookish lists!
Share your lists and remember to stop by That Artsy Reader Girl to add your link
and The Broke and the Bookish to see where it all began.
Top Ten Favourite Tropes
submitted by Andrea @ Books for Muse
A trope is a commonly used theme or plot device. To learn more about tropes, I recommend visiting TVTropes.com. However, be prapred to lose several hours of your day perusing this site: you have been warned.
My favourite tropes in books are:
- Enemies to lovers
- Action Girls
- Chekhov’s Gun
- Anti-villain/ reformed bad guy or ‘heel-face turn’
- I don’t know what this trope is called, but it’s about a person, possibly evil, who gets jealous when the lover they spurn gets over them and doesn’t stand there and wring their hands over being rejected (any genders involved).
- Even Evil Has Standards
- Talking animal/shapeshifter companions
- Mean Girls (I love a good book about the fall/comeuppance of typical mean girls)
- Elemental-based magical powers
- Reverse beauty and the beast where the guy is the beauty OR the girl is the beast)