August is my favourite month of the year because it’s my birthday month.
This year I decided to have a get together at my house, complete with balloons and decorations in a rose-gold theme, and Spanish hot chocolate on tap, and macarons! Even though the macarons were really hard to find. It was amazing!
The other cool thing that happened is that Taylor Swift and Tarja Turunen both dropped new albums in August, and they are my favourite singer-songwriters, so it was really an amazing month all around. I may have sacrificed some audiobook time so I could listen to my new jams! Sorry not sorry!
Monthly Wrap Up
- [2 Aug] 100 Days of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons ★★★★★
- [9 Aug] How We Roll by Natasha Friend ★★★★
- [16 Aug] Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand ★★★★
- [23 Aug] The Shadowglass (The Bone Witch, #3) by Rin Chupeco, Emily Woo Zeller, Will Damron ★★★★★
- [30 Aug] A Thousand Beginnings and Endings by Ellen Oh, Elsie Chapman ★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [3 Aug] Stacking the Shelves (207)
- [6 Aug] Top Ten Cover Redesigns I Loved and Hated
- [7 Aug] Waiting on Fireborne
- [11 Aug] STS: Love Your Bookshop Day + Blind Date With A Book
- [13 Aug] Top Ten Book Characters I’d Love to Be Besties With
- [14 Aug] Waiting on The Never Tilting World
- [17 Aug] Stacking the Shelves (208)
- [20 Aug] Top Ten Favourite Tropes
- [21 Aug] Waiting on A River of Royal Blood
- [24 Aug] Stacking the Shelves (209)
- [27 Aug] Top Ten Books I’ve Read That I’d Like In My Personal Library
- [28 Aug] Waiting on Gravemaidens
- [31 Aug] Stacking the Shelves (210)