Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
and hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s all about bookish lists!
Share your lists and remember to stop by That Artsy Reader Girl to add your link
and The Broke and the Bookish to see where it all began.
Ten Six Changes In My Reading Life
- I used to be able to read in any environment. Now I need a quiet place to read in. This is why I have a library room dedicated to reading which is separate to my living room, bedroom, and office.
- I used to read almost strictly spec fic (mostly fantasy), and now I am developing a love for mystery/thrillers and actively exploring more in that genre.
- I used to be a fast reader, but now I read much slower. Technically I am still a faster than the average reader, even among other readers, but I don’t have as much time to read as I did before I became an adult with a full-time job, family responsibilities, and other time-sucking hobbies (of which the main culprit is The Sims).
- I used to love big books, but now as a blogger I feel I can’t commit to an epic tome when I like to post a new review every week. A 400 page book is a week-long commitment: an 800 page book is a slog.
- I used to love reading book series and I was a book series completionist: now as a book blogger, I want to explore more: more books, more authors, more genres, more experiences. I don’t want to feel obligated to read an entire series, and Book 1 has to be something special to get me to keep reading in a series, so I often stop after Book 1. (That being said, I do still buy complete series unread on occasion.)
- I never used to be, but I am completely head over heel in love with audiobooks, and that is thanks to the advance in technology over the past 15 years which means that instead of borrowing them from the library and taping them onto blank cassette tapes to listen to in my car, I can now download them to my phone and listen to them anywhere. They are still too expensive to buy, so I love to borrow them from my library.