I have got some absolutely HUGE news.
I AM GOING BACK TO SCHOOL.
I know, it’s totally insane, right? We’re in the middle of a global health pandemic even though most people seem to have forgotten about it, I’m super busy at my essential services job, I have caring responsibilities towards my mentally ill and physically disabled husband, I have my own health issues to worry about (actually I have a surgery booked next week to hopefully provide some insights into this), and yet…
I. Am. Going. To. Grad. School.
My husband says it’s because I’m a glutton for punishment.
I’m doing it because there are certain circumstances that make this the absolute perfect time to go back to school.
I already have a degree (actually I have 2, I have an Honours degree so I’ve done post-grad work before), but this is going to be such a huge change.
The last time I was in University, Facebook didn’t exit. Neither did iPhones.
That sounds totally crazy.
In a time when most school kids (at least in Australia) have their own phones, tablets or laptops for learning, the last time I was in formal learning, I didn’t have a smart phone or my own computer.
AM I TOTALLY CRAZY FOR DOING THIS?
This means that there might be some changes on the blog, like how often I post reviews, or take part in Stacking the Shelves and Top Ten Tuesdays. I’ve already proven how much work it can take to run a book blog. Something might have to take a back seat, and unfortunately I think this blog might be it.
In no way am I shutting it down or quitting blogging. I’m not even taking a hiatus.
I’m just letting you know that there might be some changes around here due to my outside commitments.
Also, I changed some of the colours on the blog because I was getting bored with the way it looked but I can’t find a theme that I like better than this one.
I also forgot to post a book review on Friday this month. Just straight up forgot. So there’s not as many for June.
Monthly Wrap Up
- [5 Jun] The Chalice and the Crown by Kassandra Flamouri ★★★★★
- [12 Jun] The Twin by Natasha Preston ★★
- [26 Jun] Don't Say a Word by Amber Lynn Natusch ★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [1 Jun] May Wrap Up
- [2 Jun] Top Ten Books that Give Off Winter Vibes
- [3 Jun] Can’t Wait For Forest of Souls
- [6 Jun] Stacking the Shelves (239)
- [8 Jun] Mean Girls the Musical Book Tag
- [10 Jun] Can’t Wait For Goddess in the Machine
- [13 Jun] Stacking the Shelves (240)
- [16 Jun] Top Ten Books on My Winter 2020 TBR
- [17 Jun] Can’t Wait For Girl, Serpent, Thorn
- [20 Jun] Stacking the Shelves (241)
- [22 Jun] 13 Common ‘Mistakes’ in Reviewing You Can Ignore
- [23 Jun] Top Ten Tuesday 10 Year Anniversary!
- [24 Jun] Can’t Wait For The Princess Will Save You
- [30 Jun] Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the Second Half of 2020