I’ve been back in hospital for some minor surgery. Hoping for a quick recovery. Yes, it is related to last year’s health disaster. I’ll keep you updated.
But I do have a small announcement to make:
As of January 2021, I will no longer be providing buy links to books in my reviews.
This is for a couple of reasons.
First, I don’t think anyone used them.
Second, I’m not an affiliate so I literally am not making any money by providing links in the first place.
Third, I no longer want to support Amazon monetarily, and by association, The Book Depository. This is because the profits from these companies go to the big boss of Amazon who is literally the richest man on the planet. I don’t believe billionaires should exist, let alone hundred-billionaires. I know Amazon started in a garage as an online book shop which I love, but I’ve heard many horror stories of warehouse workers, and Amazon sellers who have had their products stolen and replaced by Amazon. I don’t agree with Amazon, and I no longer want to send people directly there to buy a book.
I understand that it is more convenient just to buy from Amazon.
Instead, if you like my review enough to want to read or purchase the book, I recommend you hit up your local independent bookshop, or library, who will always need your support.
I also understand that indie authors make money from Amazon, but they can also sell their ebooks at other places, including Smashwords or other independent retail sellers. I have never subscribed to Kindle Unlimited, and I understand it’s a good deal for readers who read a lot of books, but KU also screws over authors in way too many ways to count here.
I will no longer be purchasing Amazon ebooks, or any products from Amazon.
I will not be getting rid of my Kindle anytime soon. I purchased it years ago from an Australian business and I read my ARCs on it.
I am but one teeny tiny person no longer providing buy links for my readership. This is in no way me standing up to a behemoth.
Monthly Wrap Up
- [8 Jan] Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray, Tavia Gilbert ★★★★★
- [15 Jan] Love, Heather by Laurie Petrou ★★★★
- [22 Jan] Geekerella by Ashley Poston ★★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [1 Jan] December Wrap Up
- [2 Jan] Stacking the Shelves (256)
- [4 Jan] Mount TBR: First 20% Challenge
- [5 Jan] Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2021
- [6 Jan] Can’t Wait For You Have A Match
- [9 Jan] Stacking the Shelves (257)
- [12 Jan] Top Ten Bookish Resolutions for 2021
- [13 Jan] Can’t Wait For Playing With Fire
- [16 Jan] Stacking the Shelves (258)
- [19 Jan] Top Ten Books I Meant to Read In 2020 but Didn’t Get To
- [20 Jan] Can’t Wait For Winterkeep
- [23 Jan] Stacking the Shelves (259)
- [26 Jan] Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2020
- [27 Jan] Can’t Wait For This is Not the Jess Show
- [29 Jan] Perpetual Page Turner’s Annual End of Year Survey
- [31 Jan] January Wrap Up