Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
and hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s all about bookish lists!
Share your lists and remember to stop by That Artsy Reader Girl to add your link
and The Broke and the Bookish to see where it all began.
Top Ten Characters Whose Job I Wish I Had
I tend to read almost exclusively YA, and many of the characters I read about do not actually have jobs! So I had to use a little creative licence on whether or not what they did was considered a job or a duty, whether they were paid for it or it was volunteer/against their will/they are too young to have a real job, etc.
- Rasmira’s job as a warrior in Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller
- Lyra’s job as a security specialist in Sentinels of the Galaxy by Maria V Snyder
- Avery’s healing ‘job’ in Touch of Power by Maria V Snyder
- Any of the characters who work with horses in Anna Sewell’s Black Beauty
- Zara’s job as an Honor aboard a sentient spaceship in the Honors series by Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre
- Theta Knight’s job as a Follies dancer in The Diviners by Libba Bray
- Jane’s job as a zombie killer in Dread Nation
- Odessa’s job as a necromancer in Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh
- Lirael’s job as a librarian/spoiler in The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix
- Tea’s job as a bone witch in The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco