I finished my post grad unit at the end of May and have been sick twice, so that’s been fun, including the COVID test. I’m not eligible for a vaccine yet, but I do live on an island with closed borders and no community transmission in over a year, so at least that’s something.
I haven’t been reading much physically, I just haven’t really felt like it. My body gets tired really easily now that we’re in the deepest part of winter, I’m on break from Uni, and still working full-time. It might be burnout, but I’m not sure.
I have been continuing to listen to audiobooks, which is where I am getting the majority of my reading done. I know it’s not the books, it’s just me and my stupid burned-out brain, because one of the books I was struggling to read was a Maria Snyder book, and she’s one of my favourite authors!
I have been watching reruns of The Nanny, which is delightful.
Monthly Wrap Up
- Number of books read: 4
- Finished a series: No
- Started a series: No
- New to me authors: Erin Watt, Miranda Asebedo, Anica Mrose Rissi
- Favourite book: A Constellation of Roses by Miranda Asebedo
- [4 Jun] The Prison Healer by Lynette Noni ★★★★★
- [11 Jun] A Constellation of Roses by Miranda Asebedo ★★★★★
- [18 Jun] One Small Thing by Erin Watt ★★★★
- [25 Jun] Nobody Knows But You by Anica Mrose Rissi ★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [1 Jun] May Wrap Up
- [2 Jun] Can’t Wait For June 2021 New Releases
- [5 Jun] Stacking the Shelves May 2021 (268)
- [8 Jun] Top Ten Books I Loved that Made Me Want More Books Like Them
- [9 Jun] Can’t Wait For Blood Like Magic and Sisters of the Snake
- [12 Jun] Stacking the Shelves (269)
- [15 Jun] Top Ten Books On My Summer 2021 TBR
- [16 Jun] Can’t Wait For Witchshadow by Susan Dennard
- [19 Jun] Stacking the Shelves (270)
- [21 Jun] Authors Should Also Be Reviewers
- [23 Jun] Can’t Wait For This Poison Heart
- [26 Jun] Stacking the Shelves (271)
- [29 Jun] Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2021
- [30 Jun] Can’t Wait For What We Devour