Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
and hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s all about bookish lists!
Share your lists and remember to stop by That Artsy Reader Girl to add your link
and The Broke and the Bookish to see where it all began.
Top Ten Favourite Places to Read
- My most favourite place of all time to read is in my own personal library, in my very comfortable personal reading chair, covered in blankets and three cats, with a hot chocolate in reach. Bliss!
- I also love reading in the staff room at work. It’s my little space, my own ‘me’ time in a hectic work day. I set up a little picnic on a small table and read on my kindle, and it’s lovely.
- I love listening to audiobooks in my car on the way to and from work!
- I also used to listen to audiobooks on the bus ride to and from work before I started driving. So much easier than turning the page of a paperback on a crowded bus.
- I listen to audiobooks when I get ready in the morning, or as I’m putting on makeup! I love listening to my audiobook at this time. What a wonderful way to start the day!
- I love reading reading on my bed, especially if it’s during a lazy afternoon, which I don’t get many of!
- I’m not a huge fan of reading paperbacks at night, but I do like to read on my phone just before going to sleep! I know it’s really bad for me, so I’m trying to stop using screens at bedtime.
- On cold, rainy days, I like to read in my living room where it is warmer courtesy of a heat pump, and an electric throw rug, and as always, a willing kitty to snuggle.
- On sunny days, I have been known to read on my back deck, where I have a park bench.
- I will also mention… the bathroom! When I was young, some of the only peace I got from a very noisy house was reading in the bath! I don’t have a bath anymore, but every time I travel, if I have a bath, I’m in it with my trust waterproof kindle!
What are some of your favourite places to read? Do you share any of mine? Let me know in the comments below!