Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
and hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s all about bookish lists!
Share your lists and remember to stop by That Artsy Reader Girl to add your link
and The Broke and the Bookish to see where it all began.
Top Ten Bookish Memories
Share stories of your reading life as a child, events you’ve gone to, books that made an impression on you, noteworthy experiences with books, authors you’ve met, etc. Reminisce with me!
- My dad reading Brer Rabbit books to me
- Memorising my first picture book
- Reading my first chapter book: Black Beauty, and feeling like it took a really long time, however when I finished it I flipped right back to the first page to start again and seemed to read it really quickly a second time.
- Doing an English degree and getting totally burned out, not reading for about a year, then picking up Twilight and reading the whole series in a week.
- Reading Jane Eyre as an English post grad chapter by chapter.
- Leaving my first review – it was quite negative, so I did it anonymously on Amazon. The book was TERRIBLE. It was my first experience of reading an objectively terrible book (it was someone else’s idea and a very small, niche publisher, and likely vanity, now that I think back on it).
- Reading Divergent in a day while also going to a party and reading it there.
- Meeting John Marsden at a signing the year I was doing a Tomorrow When the War Began read-through, and he told me he liked my non-de-plume 🙂
- I travelled interstate with my husband to go to one of Jay Kristoff’s book launches. It literally cost like $1000 for two people including flights, hotels, and sundries. But I can speak with authority on the fact that Jay Kristoff gives incredible hugs!
- Getting my book cases in my own personal library, along with my super comfy reading chair that also fits three cats as well as myself 😀