Top Ten Best Bookish Memories
1. Getting to tell my absolute favourite of all time author how much I admired her only a short time before her untimely death. Actually engaging with an author – before the Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook page explosion encouraging authors to interact with fans. I cried the day she died.
2. Reading my personally signed copy of Wither by Lauren DeStefano. The girl is some kind of freaking literary goddess.
3. Meeting Jay Kristoff, who is just the biggest sweetheart ever, even though I didn’t like his book. I didn’t get a photo, sorry!
4. Reading Entwined by Heather Dixon. That book high lasted for months.
5. Reading Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. The book high lasted for weeks.
6. Auto-approval on Netgalley for Harlequin.
7. Auto-approval on Netgalley for HarperCollins Australia.
8. The whole Lord of the Rings experience: reading the books, watching the amazing film adaptations.
9. Seeing the Twilight films. Let me explain. I missed Twilight in the cinema and fell asleep during a DVD showing. Then I read the books and really enjoyed them. So I went to the pre-midnight showing of Twilight before they did the midnight showing of New Moon. The cinema was absolutely packed with fans, and even though I enjoyed it, I wasn’t a fan. It was totally surreal. Then I saw New Moon by myself. I took the boy to Eclipse and he hated it, so we skipped Breaking Dawn Part 1, but we went again to Breaking Dawn Part 2 and I really enjoyed it. Except for all the stupid stuff.
10. Discovering The Book Depository as a way to acquire books not released in Australia.