Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
and hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
It’s all about bookish lists!
Share your lists and remember to stop by That Artsy Reader Girl to add your link
and The Broke and the Bookish to see where it all began.
Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With
(submitted by Sara @ A Gingerly Review)
My rule for this is that I’m only switching for a day, I’m switching my consciousness into their body, and I’m playing their plot, not going off on my own adventure.
- Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: I’d like to trade places with her because she is such a confident badass.
- Evie O’Neill from The Diviners series by Libba Bray: Her stories are terrifying, but I’d love to see 1920s New York through Evie’s eyes.
- Speth from All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis: I’d like to see her super commercialised world for myself, but I could definitely only last one day.
- Lirael from the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix: Out of Sabriel and Lirael, I’d rather experience Lirael’s plot. I’d love to see Charter magic and go on crazy adventures with the Disreputable Dog.
- Fire from Fire by Kristin Cashore: I love everything about Fire’s life, including Brigan, so I’d be OK with this.
- Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore: I’d love to experience the kind of confidence, control, ability, and fearlessness that Katsa has.
- Azalea from Entwined by Heather Dixon: Similar to Katsa, I’d love to inhabit the body of someone who can actually dance, and I’d love to have so many sisters for a day. Just a day, though.
- Chiyo/Sayuri from Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden: I’d love to experience life as a successful geisha, especially since the art of geisha is kind of the opposite to my own personality. To be a professional entertainer, to dance and engage in conversation for the pleasure of men, the clothes and hair and makeup, that’d be something interesting to experience.
- Tea from The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco: Similarly to above, I’d love to experience a day in the life of an asha, basically a magical geisha in this world.
- Yelena from Poison Study by Maria V Snyder: How amazing would it be to live like Yelena for a day, to be a magician and have her amazing support network (not to mention sexy husband lol).