I thought I’d take this opportunity to reflect on the resolutions I set myself in January and see how I’ve progressed. I can’t even remember half of them off the top of my head, so taking a look at them again is a good opportunity to see if/how I’ve progressed and to reaffirm where I want my path on this blog to go.
- Read all of CJ Archer’s Freak House books
Holy shit, its halfway through and I haven’t even picked up one of these, although I have been buying them. I think I always plan to ‘after I finish my ARCs’ but this review pile is NEVER ENDING OMG SEND HALP. I will just need to put my foot down at some point to get this done in the next six months.
- AND all of the Ministry of Curiosities books
There’s even a NEW series beginning soon, the Watchmaker’s Daughter, and I really need to get this other reading done. Don’t you just hate it when an author writes so fast? Kidding, just kidding. CJ I LOVE YOU.
- I resolved to ONLY request to review books I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT AND REALLY WANT and not just ‘oh, that sounds good’!
I gosh, I did stick to this for a while, then I discovered some really awesome sounding books on Edelweiss/Netgalley. I really need to stay away because now my previously culled review list is rapidly growing again.
- I worked so hard last year to cut back on all of my review books. This year I resolve to have so few review books on my TBR pile that I can pick and choose my next read off my overflowing bookshelf.
I mentioned just above that my review list is growing again, so this is a good opportunity to take a step back and say NO to review books.
- I resolve to finish the several series I have waiting on my Sequels shelf.
HA! I tried, then had a review book due. DOWN WITH REVIEW BOOKS.
- I resolve to re-read the Harry Potter series, starting with the beautiful illustrated edition!
I feel like this is a pipe dream. The second one is nearly ready for release. I literally daydream about reading the first one.
- I’d love to start my Page (To Screen) to Stage segment, about books that became musicals (via films). This means I need to resolve to read more primary sources. And watch more films. And listen to more musicals. Yay!
I have a list, and I have access to the primary sources, I just need to find the time to pursue this idea.
- I resolve to buy less ‘filler’ books – I want to buy books I really want, not just because they are in the $2 bargain bin. Srsly I have no room for a new bookshelf.
Yes! I can definitely say this has slowed down. Mostly because I’ve bought all the stock I wanted? Oops.
- Last year I resolved to be one of the lucky few chosen to take part in a major blog tour for one of my favourite authors in 2016. I’ll be taking part in Maria V Snyder’s Night Study blog tour on 21st January and as a Snyder fangirl I’m pretty stoked to have been included.
I’ve been in a couple of blog tours this year and it has only been for authors I adore or have been invited to by the publisher for a book I’m excited about. No more whoring out this blog as promotion only. I sure learned my lesson there.
- I resolve to shake the blog up in 2016 and soon I’ll have an announcement about that!
This was achieved when Tanieka and I joined forces to become Young Adult at Heart, and then Archer joined us a contributor for the Goosebumps series! I really feel like Young Adult at Heart is NOTHING like The Moonlight Library now, which I loved (as much as I loved TML! Don’t get me wrong.)