March was really rough for my husband and me. Turns out he’d been put on the wrong anti-depressants for the past month and a bit. The medication made him worse than no medication at all. He clearly needs a very specific med and the pharmacy screwed him over by choosing to put him on generic own-brand. It sent him into a crippling depression and unable to face the world for days and weeks at a time.
To be honest, I had to take some time off work to put my own husband on a suicide watch. That’s never fun.
It’s really frightened me. I’m stressed to the eyeballs. My own health is suffering, but at least I’m not contemplating killing myself. I needed to put all of my own shit aside and care for my husband. His brain already wants to murder him. That’s why giving him the wrong fucking medication doesn’t help that at all. It actively made him worse.
Which makes me worse, because I’m his carer, and it’s really fucking tough caring for someone with a mental illness.
The good news is that another pharmacist worked out the problem and put him straight back on his old meds, so after a period of stabilisation he should be OK.
The moral of this story?
DO NOT FUCK WITH PEOPLE’S BRAINS!
On top of this, my already frail grandfather fell down some steps and broke his femur, humerus and several ribs, and was in intensive care for like a week. Now he’s got a long road to recovery ahead of him.
And then I found out my uncle died.
So it’s been a really rough month and I didn’t have much time to read much because I’m so busy working and looking for another, better-paying job and spending as much time with my husband as I can because his meds screwed him over.
Although I should have mentioned all this to the guy who interviewed me for a job and wasn’t convinced I could handle a job with some stress in it.
And in book news there was more author drama as Anne Rice stuck her unwelcome nose into everyone’s business and guided her fanpoodles into an outrage over Jenny Trout that culminated in the cancellation of a boxed set Trout was to take part in. Trout got her own back by releasing her novella and doing quite well. Because fuck you, bullies.
March Wrap Up
- [13 Mar] Halfway Perfect by Julie Cross, Mark Perini ★★★★
- [19 Mar] Unwanted by Amanda Holohan ★★
- [27 Mar] The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead ★★★★★
- [30 Mar] The Third Day, the Frost by John Marsden ★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [1 Mar] The Book I’ve Been Putting Off Reading (23)
- [3 Mar] Top Ten All-Time Favourite Books (91)
- [5 Mar] Book Blast: Liars, Inc by Paula Stokes
- [7 Mar] Stacking the Shelves (110)
- [9 Mar] Musing by Moonlight: Why I Hate Twitter
- [11 Mar] Waiting on Prudence by Gail Carriger (116)
- [15 Mar] I Wish More People Would Read This Book (24)
- [17 Mar] Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List (92)
- [18 Mar] Waiting on Sisters of Blood and Spirit by Kady Cross (117)
- [21 Mar] Stacking the Shelves (111)
- [23 Mar] Toppling the TBR Pile (3)
- [25 Mar] YA Spring Fling Giveaway Blitz
- [29 Mar] The Book Character I Most Relate To (25)
- [31 Mar] March Wrap Up
Films I Watched
- The Starving Games
- Super (DO NOT WATCH THIS is makes a joke out of male rape)
- Homefront (until it got to the scary part – I hate horror films!)
- Dream House
- The Angriest Man in Brooklyn
- Gone Girl
- Into the Woods
- Are We There Yet
- Binge watched two season of Total Divas. I love Natalya.
- More 30 Rock.
- WRESTLEMANIA 31 was on yesterday (if you don’t know what that is, it’s the Superbowl of wrestling and the biggest event in sports entertainment) and I learned I suck at predicting match outcomes, including the match of my imaginary boyfriend Sting, who put up a valiant effort against Triple H but, because Triple H is a bad guy, lost due to outside interference and, you know, being as old as my dad.
- And fuck you, Shawn Michaels. I used to like you because Chris Jericho punched your wife in the face but you made the Stinger lose his first WWE match. Fuck you.
- My favourite band, Nightwish, the band I take my name from, released a new album this month, called Endless Forms Most Beautiful. Yes, it’s a wanky name, but I’ always impatient for a new Nightwish release. Their music speaks to my soul.