With all of this Corona virus going around, you’d think this would be an excellent time to snuggle in my reading chair in my library and just escape in a book. However, I have a day job, and my work has been deemed essential services. While I do have some pre-approved leave coming up around Easter time, I’m still working through the week, and this means I don’t have the time to read all day.
While I do sympathise with everyone who’s lost their job in these uncertain times, I am thankful I still have a job. It must be extremely difficult. I lost what I thought was a secure job in early 2017, and while I got a lot of interviews while I was job searching, I found it really hard to sell myself in those interviews, so it took a while before I found the job I have now, which I love: not only because I genuinely enjoy it, but because it provides an essential service to others.
I’m hoping everyone is doing OK. While services like libraries may be closed, if the internet are still running in your area, I encourage my readers to borrow ebooks and audiobooks from their local library, if they have that service, or look for free or discounted ebooks on sites like Smashwords. If you can’t do that, try re-reading an old favourite. I find it really comforting in difficult times.
Stay safe, stay home, wash yours hands, and read a book.
Monthly Wrap Up
- [6 Mar] No Such Person by Caroline B. Cooney ★★★
- [13 Mar] The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline
- [20 Mar] What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell ★★★★
- [27 Mar] Honor Bound by Rachel Caine, Ann Aguirre ★★★★★
Other Blog Posts You May Have Missed:
- [1 Mar] February Wrap Up
- [3 Mar] Top Ten Books With Single-Word Titles
- [4 Mar] Can’t Wait For Bone Crier’s Moon
- [7 Mar] Stacking the Shelves (229)
- [9 Mar] The Something Rotten! Book Tag
- [11 Mar] Can’t Wait For Harley in the Sky
- [14 Mar] Stacking the Shelves (230)
- [17 Mar] Top Ten Spring 2020 TBR
- [18 Mar] Can’t Wait For All Your Twisted Secrets
- [21 Mar] Stacking the Shelves (231)
- [24 Mar] Top Ten Literal Star-Crossed Relationships (sci-fi)
- [25 Mar] Can’t Wait For What I Like About You
- [28 Mar] Stacking the Shelves (232)
- [31 Mar] Top Ten Signs You’re a Book Lover